NEWPORT NEWS, VA, January 10, 2019 – 2019 marks the 70thanniversary of commercial air service at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF) and to commemorate this special occasion the airport will be hosting its first ever 5K on the Runway this September. The community-wide celebration is built around running a point-to-point 5K race on the airport’s runways and taxiways. As a result, PHF is looking for a charitable organization to partner with for this community-wide event.
To be considered as a charitable partner, organizations must:
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit operating for at least one year at the time of the application
- Provide a minimum of 5 volunteers on the day of the event for a minimum of 5 hours
- Provide one main point of contact that would be available from February-September 2019 to attend regular planning meetings
- Help, aid, support or provide assistance to those living in the region
- Explain how a donation will help the organization’s mission
- Be willing to promote the event
All interested charitable organizations are encouraged to apply by visiting https://flyphf.com/5k-charitable-partner/. The deadline for application is February 1, 2019.
The chosen charitable partner will benefit from the opportunity to increase organizational awareness through marketing and public relations, engage with community supporters at the event and to raise funds through direct and in-direct (race proceeds) donations. All eligible charitable organizations will be submitted and one charity will be randomly selected. For more information visit www.FlyPHF.com.
The airport is currently served by two airlines: American Airlines and Delta Air Lines with non-stop service to three domestic destinations Atlanta, Charlotte, and Philadelphia, providing connections throughout the world. For more information visit us on the web at www.flyphf.comor follow us on www.facebook.com/FLYPHFand twitter (FlyPHF).