PHF Public Health Update
PHF Cleaning Protocol:
Updated as of July 29th with Executive Order 68.
- The custodial crew is sanitizing all seating areas 3 times per day.
- Luggage carts and all other high touch areas are sanitized 3 times per day.
- Jet bridges are sanitized 3 times per day.
- TSA Checkpoints are detail-cleaned two times per day.
- Baggage carousel is cleaned 3 times per day.
- Bathroom rounds have more than doubled.
Within the above areas, we are alternating products and procedures between a Vapor steam and aerosol disinfectant sprays which have a shorter dwell time.
Employee Safety Plan:
- Social distancing floor markings.
- Work Space equipment is being disinfected before and after each shift (computer key pads, telephones, light switches, door knobs, cellphones etc.).
- Employees are maintaining a social distance of 6 feet at all times.
- All employees are wearing respiratory coverings (face mask) while in public and a minimum of 6-feet distance cannot be maintained or when interacting with other employees or guests in an office setting anytime the minimum 6-feet distance cannot be maintained
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing throughout the workday.
- Settings of more than 50 people, where appropriate 6-feet distancing cannot be maintained is prohibited until further notice
- Socializing in groups that do not readily allow for appropriate physical distancing, is prohibited until further notice.
- Employees who have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) should notify their supervisor and stay home.
- Employees who are well but have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and stay home.
- Any employee needing PPE (mask and/or gloves) can contact their supervisor.
American Airlines Protocol:
For more information, check out the AA.com:
- We have an extensive protocol for cleaning customer and team member areas throughout the airport.
- We have added stanchions at ticket counters and gates to create more space.
- Sanitizing wipes are available for our team members and hand sanitizing stations are available to customers in key locations throughout the airport.
- Our gate announcements have been updated to avoid crowding at the gate during the boarding process.
On the Airplanes
- Our cleaning practices have always met or exceeded all CDC guidelines.
- All our planes also undergo a deep cleaning procedure on a regularly scheduled basis.
- We’re expanding the comprehensive cleaning package used during longer stops to every mainline flight. This will include cleaning customer areas like tray tables and seat-belt buckles and team member areas like galleys and cockpit surfaces.
- We’re using additional electrostatic spraying to disinfect our planes with EPA registered hospital grade disinfectant on both hard and soft surfaces.
- Most of our planes have high efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters that provide a complete air change approximately 15 – 30 times per hour.
- Flight attendants are required to wear masks on all flights. Every flight we operate is supplied with masks and other sanitizing items for crew members.
- When available, we offer sanitizing wipes and face masks to our customers.
- Face masks are required to get on the plane, and you may be required to wear one in the airport.