The Peninsula Airport Commission only accepts job applications when there is an open position for employment. The Peninsula Airport Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Tenants, including the gift shop, restaurant, airlines and rental cars, all hire independently of the Peninsula Airport Commission. Please contact them individually to inquire about job opportunities.
Current Job Openings
Passenger /Ramp Agent
Part-Time $11.50 hr
(numerous positions open)
The Peninsula Airport Commission seeks positive, team-oriented, customer service focused applicants to fill Passenger/Ramp Agent positions at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport.
Agent duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Following TSA/FAA/Airline/Airport regulations
- Greeting and assisting traveling airline customers
- Assisting with the ticketing and boarding process
- Processing and handling baggage
- Providing ground support for inbound and outbound aircraft to include baggage handling, driving equipment, and cleaning aircraft interior
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Must pass background, drug screen, and physical
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 70 lbs
- Customer service and computer experience desired
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words Passenger/ Ramp Agent in the subject line.
Or apply in person M-F 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport Administration Office. 900 Bland Blvd., Newport News, VA 23602.
All applications must be received by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
NO PHONE CALLS. EOE