FlyPHF 5K Charitable Partner
Thank you to all who submitted applications for the FlyPHF 5K Charitable Partnership! Applications are now closed.
The winner will be chosen via Facebook live announcement in February, 2020.
Please see below for further event details and selection process.
The Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport is hosting its annual 5K on the Runway, with the window for charitable organizations to apply to partner with the airport for this year’s 5k on the Runway race available from January 17, 2020 to February 17, 2020. Last year the race sold out, drawing over 800 runners, and thanks to generous corporate support led by Title Sponsor Ferguson Enterprises, raised over $10K for Downtown Hampton Childhood Development Center. This year’s race will be held on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
Charitable Partner Eligibility & Requirements
To be considered as a charitable partner, organizations must:
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit operating for at least one year at the time of the application
- Provide a minimum of 5 volunteers on the day of the event for a minimum of 5 hours
- Provide one main point of contact that would be available from February-September 2020 to attend regular planning meetings
- Help, aid, support or provide assistance to those living in the region
- Explain how a donation will help the organization’s mission
- Be willing to promote the event
Benefits & Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee to ensure all requirements on the application are met. The chosen charitable partner will benefit from the opportunity to increase organizational awareness through marketing and public relations, engage with community supporters at the event and to raise funds through direct and in-direct (race proceeds) donations. All eligible charitable organizations will be submitted and one charity will be randomly selected.